Thursday, July 02, 2009

pure nonsense, pure wisdom

The other day I was reading Neruda….that poem ..”and it was in that age, poetry arrived in search of me…” and it was so exquisite…autumn testament was always a favourite but this sort of took my breath away and I sms-ed a friend saying that there is nothing in the world quite as beautiful, (in every sense of the word ) as poetry. Not even the full moon on Chilka. Later I retracted my statement and said that it really depended on the mood. And the man who made me choose words over the full moon on chilka is saying that all he wanted to do was to learn about life from life itself…

I'm going down into the streets.
I learned about life
from life itself,
love I learned in a single kiss
and could teach no one anything
except that I have lived
with something in common among men,
when fighting with them,
when saying all their say in my song.”

I want to learn about life too. I think that’s the only way you can actually write poetry. And feel poetry. And poetry comes in search of you…and you break your heart loose on the winds…Reading books…or rather only reading books somehow amounts to living life by proxy. The older I get the more I realize the absolute indispensability of books in my life, and the paradoxical inadequacy. I want more now. I want to live. And learn love through a single kiss.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I guess kissing just one, effeminate-boy-in-denial isn't enough, eh?

Seriously, Thats one way to react to neruda I guess. I always felt like I was being transported to another dimension.. one where everyone else in the world live in. And its fantastic, and more real to me somehow than what real reality of my world is, sometimes. I never went as far as to want to do the same things. Neruda's language of his brain is totally different I guess.

1:57 PM  
Blogger mojo said...

thats the paradox. his poetry seems more real than reality, yet in that very poetry he undermines the seeming reality of poetry, and values the real over poetry...

12:22 AM  
Blogger March Hare said...

that is my favourite neruda poem too! :D

and though i have not read much poetry, depending on the mood, it beats prose hands down.

4:09 AM  
Blogger mojo said...

when i said poetry i meant it as a generic term really...

10:48 AM  
Blogger Oshtorombha said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Man without a mission said...

Bhai bon mile dekhi dujonei kothin kobita lekha aar chorcha kora shuru korechhe...eibar ami bhoy pachhi.

12:05 AM  
Blogger mojo said...

@aritroda: appi-r moto protibha amar kothaye? o to shworochito kabyo lekhe..amar ta to dhaar kora!

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home